Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Quilt 1925/1980

In 1980 when expecting my baby, my grandmother gave me a quilt top she had made for my mother when expecting her. She thought my mother-in-law would quilt it for me, which she did. I did help her a little on it, the first time I did any quilting. I never did learn why she never quilted it as my grandmother, her mother and mother-in-law all three made beautiful quilts back in that time. I was lucky to inherit a few from my mother she ended up with being the only granddaughter on both sides. The quilt top was used as a bedspread on her crib the spring and summer of 1925 when she was born.


I tried to add a closeup picture of two of the blocks to show the quilting but kept getting an error.

1 comment:

Anne Ida said...

What a lovely little quilt! And what special history to it! A treasure!