Friday, July 18, 2008
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Two baby car-seats for my one and two year old granddaughters.
2. When was the last time you threw up? Not sure about a year or so ago.
3. What's your favorite curse word? I say shit way more than I should but I love hellfire...everyone in Daddy's family used it. Though I rarely say it.
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Laura and Rachel. Then an email from Becky saying Warwick won first game in Junior Division State Little League Tournament and Jake made a great play and got several great hits. Waiting to hear how their second game of the day turned out!
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Sitting on the front porch working on a sudoku puzzle after reading the paper.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Outside with some of my pets.
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Sleeping.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? No
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? Either "Yes, that white car is still parked outside in front of the house." Or, "Yes, I put the windows up in your truck and locked it."
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Since it's summer, Peach.
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Diet Pepsi.
13. What was the last thing you ate? Triscuit's Thin Crisps in Parmesan Garlic flavor.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? No---now that's a rarity!
15. When was the last time you ran? When I was in Colorado in 1998 back to car when an God awful storm hit on the mountain top out of the blue while we were on walking around looking at the views.
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? Pilot's Baseball Game last night.
18. Who is the last person you emailed? Sandy
19. Ever go camping? NO!
20. Do you have a tan? Yes, but not to the extreme I did in my younger days. Now it's from baseball games, playing with grandbabies, just being outside in general.
21. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Not unless I'm in the car with one from a fast food place with a lid on the cup.
22. What did your last IM say? No clue been along time ago. Used to IM my daughter when she was in college and grad school back in 1998-2003. Once in a while to a former neighbor who moved to Idaho years ago.
23. Are you someone's best friend? Probably not.
24. What are you doing tomorrow? Going to Chippokes to Pork, Pine, & Peanut Festival (think I got those three P's in correct order) at Chippokes Plantation.
25. Where is your mom right now? Heaven, I hope.
26. Look to your left, what do you see? Lamp on table next to me. And then my husband on the other side of the sofa between our two recliners. God, that makes me sound so blessed old!
27. What color is your watch? Stainless with gold
28. What do you think of when you think of Australia ? Kangaroos!
29. Would you consider plastic surgery? YES! If it didn't cost so much!
30. What is your birthstone? Emerald
31. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive-thru? Don't go very often, but when I do it is the drive-thru if I'm with grandsons or alone. Inside if husband is along.
32. How many kids do you want? I wanted 12! Have one natural and two step.
33. Do you have a dog? Yes
34. Last person you talked to on the phone? My son-in-law.
35. Have you met anyone famous? Yes
36. Any plans today? No, day is over, just passing time until time to go to bed.
37. How many states have you lived in? One
38. Ever go to college? Yes
39. Where are you right now? In my family room at home.
40. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? The humidity we have in Virginia.
41. Last song listened to? I don't remember.
42. Are you allergic to anything? Some pollens.
43. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? This summer, various flip-flops.
44. Are you jealous of anyone? No
45. Is anyone jealous of you? Not that I know of...
46. What time is it? 9:00 p.m.
47. Do any of your friends have children? Almost all of them.
48. Do you eat healthy? So-so
49. What do you usually do during the day? Watch my daughter's one and two year old daughters and wait for her third one to arrive.
50. Do you hate anyone right now? No
51. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Yes
52. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 57.
53. Have you ever been to Six Flags? No.
54. How did you get one of your scars? Surgery to remove tumor from my hand.
If you decide to do this let me know so I can check out your answers!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
I'm a Mercedes SLK!
You appreciate the finer things in life. You have a split personality - wild or conservative, depending on your mood. Wherever you go, you like to travel first class. Luxury, style, and fun - who could ask for more?
Take the Which Sports Car Are You? quiz.
I saw this on someone elses blog and decided to take the test. Well, I never thought I have a wild side. I'd say I'm on the conservative or reserve side. BUT, I do remember some people WAY BACK saying I was not who I first appeared to be.........guess they were right......at least according to this test. Wish I had some way to contact them to see what they have to say about my results! I just had to copy them and put it on mine too!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
My grandson played in the state as a ten year old four years ago in Bridgewater. We are so excited he gets to go to state two times! Ironic thing is his aunt, my daughter played on the Senior League team that won the league's first district championship in 1995 when she was 15. Then Sr. League was made up of 14 & 15 year olds. Juniors were 13 year olds. One of the other young men on this team, with our grandson, his uncle was on the 11 & 12 Major League team back in 1995 and they won district the following night that year. We attended that game that year to support them. Then entire SR. team was there to receive their banner/flag after that game as the District Administrator was at a different field with their banner. She played baseball with the boys and was really really good. She played from age 7 through age 16 in the Little League program and the AAU program as well. In fact, one of the coaches on the opposing team was on the AAU team which she played on.
My other grandson, younger brother to the one above, has qualified for the city meet to be held in August. We're all excited for him too. Last year was his first year competitive swimming among the local neighborhood pool associations, yacht and country club pools in this area. Last year he qualified too and placed in the city meet. He qualified earlier in the season than he did last year.
Tuesday I did do some sewing on my apron I'm doing for the Halloween in July swap. Today I bought some orange thread I needed to do the next step. I had several spools of orange thread just not the correct shade.
I could not find pattern exactly like what I had in mind to do for this apron. The pattern I found on-line close to being what I wanted to do I found out when reading over the directions was a child's apron! Hence, I'm using three different patterns. I'm using another pattern I saw posted on the Internet for the sizes to cut the components. However, I did change them a little. One part I thought looked skimpy so I cut it a little wider. And another part I thought looked like an odd shape for that part so I cut that piece to what I thought looked more like it. And another part of the apron I got from a quilt site with quilt block patterns that children can piece. This block they said may require some adult supervision. I should have gotten some adult supervision!!! I had to rip part of it apart and redo it!
I should have sewn some on it today while the grandbabies took a nice long afternoon nap but it was so dreary and rainy I wasn't in mood and since part of it is sewing on black I knew I couldn't see clearly enough for that even with my two sewing lamps and on of those an Ott lamp I need a nice morning sun coming through my window near my machine when working with black fabric and thread.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
This afternoon I went to Joann's to get some fabric I needed for the Halloween Apron Swap. My favorite shop Nancy's Calico Patch is closed on Sundays. I have some in my stash I thought I'd use for part of it but needed some solid orange Kona and solid black Kona. Also needed two buttons. Naturally the buttons I had pictured in mind Joann's didn't have. I can dream up the most wonderful buttons but no one makes the ones I have pictured in my mind. Maybe I should be a button designer??? While the two Kona fabrics were being cut I asked if they had any new Halloween fabric in yet. She told me yes, pointed me to the section of the rack where I found one I liked much better than what I had in my stash to use. Then back at the cutting table to get some of that luscious fabric I glanced up at the Ginger rack and what did I see???
I asked if Gingher rotary cutters were as wonderful as their scissors. She said she hadn't been working there long and didn't know. But she loved their scissors and would think so. Then I noticed a sign reading 50% OFF on all quilting tools. I asked if that included the Gingher Rotary Cutter and it did! You know it...that little beauty came home with me.
Well, let me tell you!!! That is one WONDERFUL Rotary Cutter. I know I would never have paid full price but 50% OFF it's worth it!!! I would have waited until it was on sale or I had 40% off coupon. Let me tell you she glides through the fabric. I was flipping the retractable blade switch back and forth several times and the dingbat that I am I thought I had the blade out when I saw the silver part and tried cutting the fabric and nothing. Then I slide the switch again paying attention that time and saw that the black disk is the blade. Tried it and swoosh through the fabric. I'm in love!!!
I see on Joann's website they also make a rotary cutting mat. I've heard you should use the same manufacturer's mat as rotary cutter. I'm not sure if that's the truth or a sales gimmick. I appeared to be fine with my Olfa mat. Granted it's old and well used so if does mess that old mat up I won't be too upset as I have a new one on my Christmas list.