Friday, October 3, 2008

Quilter's Horoscope

Be sure to check your quilter's horoscope here by Pauline Rogers. I heard about it on ...ansewon's blog. I love her blog by the way always feel like I've have had a glass of tea and slice of pie with a friend when I visit her blog.

Anyway my horoscope said:
Taurus - April 21 to May 20 Taurus is the quilter who always finishes a project, as they are persistent and determined. When attending workshops or using a pattern they will follow every instruction to the letter. They can be greedy when it comes to their stash, as they know the value of material. They save every bit of scrap. However, they are warmhearted and loving to such a degree that they have given away nearly every quilt they have ever made. They are gifted artists, excelling at sewing, patchwork and quilting. The stitching in their quilts is of such high quality that their quilts will endure for eons.

Well..........Always finishes a project.......don't tell Pauline but I have a quilt Dresden Plate folded on quilt rack I made at least eight to ten years ago and the binding still isn't done........Three years ago at Mid-Atlantic bought a kit for a quilted wall hanging for grand-baby's room.......still not done....I have cut out freezer paper patterns for some of the applique....the gaudy tacky Grandmother's Flower garden I pieced from scraps......




the hexagons are too large for my taste.....it's huge....has yet to be quilted. Oh mercy, there is a double wedding ring I haven't finished piecing from a LONG time ago...I would estimate 1996....and there's an orange peel that isn't that old only eight years old that I haven't touched in seven years....maybe eight years. Bugs in Jar from what five years ago....not finished by a long shot.

Follow instructions to the "T" you say.......well yes you might be right...but I do vary or mix some different patterns and ideas together.......like the apron I did for a Halloween in July apron swap...I used three different patterns from three different websites to make it. Inspired by a child's apron. Enlarged it to adult size using another pattern, but I changed some of the measurements and some single layer of fabrics I doubled to hide seams. And I used a third quilt block for the bib part. Don't you know the swap partner never did send me the apron she made for me or she never made one to send to me....supposed to have been mailed out the first day of August or within a couple days and here it is October the 4th and nothing!! How is that for a professing Christian? I emailed her that it never arrived if she insured it she should file a claim. And nary word. She even posted on this blog she had received it, liked it and the other stuff I had included in the package. I consider myself to be a Christian too and I believe in the Golden Rule--do unto others as you would have them do unto you....She did say she was late getting it done...machine issues, but going that week to her mom's to work on it...I at least thought she'd send an email she was still working on it or whatever the situation is with the deal....guess I should forgive her and not hold a grudge that would be the Christian thing to do. Boy oh Boy do I get off subject and RAMBLE ON AN ON!!

YES I AM GREEDY...you hit the nail on the head there Pauline...I save every scrap over one inch wide. I was cutting up some scraps the other day and a few pieces were from when I was in high school in the 60's...brought back memories of dresses, shorts and skirts I made...some from 74 when I went to Hawaii with college roommate and her mom on alumni trip after we graduate...that spring.

Give most of them away??? Well, I think I've kept most of them---still greedy.........but first grandson has Noah's Ark I did....couldn't find a crib pattern for Noah's Ark that I liked. But I found one for a pillow I liked a lot so DH enlarged a pillow pattern and I turned it into a crib quilt. Then first granddaughter has teddy bear crib quilt I made for her. Youngest grandson has a motorcycle quilt that he designed....he saw two pieces of fabric and he told me he wanted me to make him a quilt using them and how he wanted the blocks to be. And then a quilt...throw in various prints in pink and brown that daughter wanted I did finish that and gave it to her. I bought the fabric and patern at the Mid-Atlantic after the wall hanging.

Well now, that was therapeutic...I have to make quilts for four more granddaughters. And I keep thinking of all those UFO's I need to finish.

No comments: