Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ten Years Ago Today

I've seen this on several blogs and decided to tag myself...how anal is that??

WHAT WAS I DOING TEN YEARS AGO TODAY?
I was in Boulder, Colorado for the Louisville Slugger ASA National Softball Tournament with the team my daughter played on the Virginia Legends. It was the first and only time I had been to the Rocky Mountains except to fly over them in 1974 going to Hawaii. We were still there on July 4th and went up to a national park and had a snowball fight. That night we attended a fireworks show at the University. It was the most awesome fireworks display I have ever seen.

WHAT ARE FIVE THINGS ON MY TO-DO-LIST FOR TODAY?
Some I have done already, some still to do.
1.Clean the cat's litter boxes. The good dump everything, scrub out, refill with new litter, cleaning.
2. Do something on my blog.
3. Go through and toss some old (and I mean OLD) magazines.
4. Cut some strips for my stashbusting projects.
5. Attend District 7's Junior Division Little League Tournament which grandson is playing in. They won yesterday!!! GO WARWICK!!! In spite of his sore shoulder (muscles not growing as fast as bones) he made a lot of awesome plays in the field and several really good hits. Several doubles and RBIs plus scoring himself. Can you tell I am a proud Nana?

SNACKS I ENJOY:
Popcorn with butter and some popcorn salt not regular salt.
Celery with guacamole.
CHOCOLATE with caramel in is great...but any CHOCOLATE will do.
Salsa with corn chips.
Shrimp either in a butter/garlic sauce or cocktail sauce.
Peach ice-cream.
Lordy that made me hungry!

THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE:
1. Set up trust funds for education for my grandchildren current and future and their children and so on.
2. Take the entire family to Hawaii for a month.
3. Buy back my two grandfather's home places.
4. Set up trust funds for my daughter and stepdaughter so they wouldn't have to work if they didn't want to and could be stay at home moms.
5. Have a family meeting, decide where we would like to live, buy a LOT of land there and build us some really nice homes so we'd be close together.
6. Build a no-kill animal shelter for dogs and cats. A really nice one.
7. Build a dome complex for our little league (all divisions--t-ball through Senior) in our area as it is always so COLD when the season starts. But make it mandatory the workers there are all volunteers. No paid umpires! No paid concession works! Hey, I sweated my behind off in the concession stand and put AC in it when I ran it for three years, worked it for five years and help run it another year. Plus I did the fields with my husband and daughter when she played it. I hated it when she went to Jr. and Sr. League and had to leave that complex...they should have put it there instead of putting in a soccer field and put the soccer field where the Jr./Sr. League field is. Hey, that was back in the 80's and 90's and I'm still upset over it! And now they pay $10,000. for umpires for Jr./Sr. Baseball and some softball which they added after she finished playing Sr. League Baseball with the boys. That frosts me as our entire operating budget was that much back in the day. Hey it's for the KIDS!!! They are certainly worth volunteering your time for...they are our greatest resource!

PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
Mathews
Danville
Newport News
How's that for boring??? Only three places, one of those college and all in the same state.

WHAT TYPE(S) OF WORK I HAVE DONE?
In highschool retail Sales for Silco.
In college assistant to district manager during a summer for Silco.
In college salesclerk at Miller and Rhoads.
Supervisor at Miller and Rhoads.
Substitute teacher.

And now I am suppose to tag others....If you want to do it you're tagged, if not you're not tagged.

No comments: