Friday, January 2, 2009

I've Been Tagged

Laurie at Buttons 'n Lace just tagged me. So now I have to share 8 details of my life, and pass the tag on to 8 more. Well, I don't have to, but I will joyfully! If you're tagged, you don't have to do it, but enjoy the others responses if you can!

1. I love animals. Always had dogs in my life. Only had cats since 2003 when DD brought them home from grad. school. Right now have a black lab that dd brought home from college. A cat that she brought home from grad. school. Her husband's dog that she kicked out of the house. A cat one of her clients gave her when they were dying. And another cat that one of her former co-workers wanted to get rid of as she had started sticking out her tongue which cost points in the cat shows and when she tired to bred her her kittens were not beautiful like their mother.

2. I love genealogy and amazed what I have learned about those from whom I descend.

3. The Amish fascinate me. I'd love to live a few months with an Amish family.

4. I love to sew and nothing sews like an Bernina. I hate housework...wish I could have a full time maid.

5. I love springtime when the daffodils, dogwood, azaleas, and tulips bloom. I love fall when the leaves are red, orange and gold with a brisk breeze. I love summer on clear hot sunny days...don't care for the humidity...love tropical beaches and swaying palm trees. Love winter when it's cold and snowing with a fire in the fireplace and a good cup of hot cocoa.

6. I love my memories of growing up in the smallest county (or is it the next smallest) in Virginia which is bordered by the Chesapeake Bay, the Mobjack Bay, the Rappahanncock River and Gloucester County. I love the smell of salt water and the odor of seafood in the air which so many think stinks. My dad's family always ate together Sunday nights taking turns at each other's houses. Loved it when the only sister joined the three brothers as she lived in Norfolk and this was pre tunnel days and it meant ferry rides. Always ate Sunday lunch at my mom's parents home. Always went to Miami for Easter with my grandparents.

7. I am thankful I tolerated my homesickness and stuck it out at college...it made me a much stronger person.

8. I love my grandbabies more than life itself.

I tag anyone who wants to join in and the following...
Lola at http://ansewon.blogspot.com/
Chris at http://catsonmyquilts.blogspot.com/
Arlette/Lettie at http://mousechirpy-polkadotpineapple.blogspot.com
http://cq4fun.livejournal.com/
Roberta at http://quiltingandotherramblings.blogspot.com/

No comments: