Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hope all of you had a Merry and Blessed Christmas! Ours was wonderful...twenty of us gathered here to eat...we had two new ones this year...step-daughter has a new male friend and he and his twenty year old son joined up. First year her x hasn't been here to eat and open gifts with us. BUT he did come with the oldest grandson later that day and while here it started SNOWING!!!! They came back the next day and the oldest grandson and his daddy shoveled our walkway and path down the driveway to the street. Put our trash and recycle dumpsters out to the curb.

SNOW!!! yes a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!! and by the time it stopped the day after we had over a foot of white fluffy stuff!!!! It was beautiful!!!
Rachel out the early morning of the 26th.

Emily early the morning of the 26th.

Laura early the morning of the 26th.

Laura on the 27th. She and Rachel thought the snow on the tables and chairs looked like birthday cakes so the had their mom hand over some birthday candles and celebrates with snow cakes.
This on though dated the 27 was the 26th around 10 or so. Legend had a wonderful time romping in the snow. He'll be 11 in February but still loves snow. He would go out and come in and head to another door to go out and come back inside. Had to make sure it was snowing outside all doors.


I had nothing I could think of that I wanted for Christmas so had my DH to give me the Accu Cutter Go I bought a few months ago and never have taken it out of the box as been so busy around here. Hopefully I'll get nerve to try it soon.

I did get one surprise I had read about Amish Cooking cookbook
on A JOYFUL CHAOS blog. She's a former Amish lady who writes about her youth growing up Amish and will tell us why she and her husband left the Amish. I tried and tried to find a copy on line to purchase. . . Well my DD found a slightly used copy and grabbed it for me!!! I was so surprised when I opened that box. And another cookbook I'd been wanting by the Lafayette, Louisiana Junior League. Her mother-in-law gave me a Gooseberry Patch cookbook I'd been wanting...So it was a sewing and cookbook Christmas for me!!!!

3 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Sewing and cooking sounds like a great start for the new year!

quiltingnana said...

sounds like a lovely Christmas....I am sure you will love your GO...Happy New YEar

andsewon said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday!! Kids are so cute and growing!! You will have fun with your GO!
Our snow is disappearing bit by bit!
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Healthy New Year!!
Hugs,
Lola