Sunday, March 1, 2009

MID-ATLANTIC---PART 2

I got to meet Lola of and sew on. Had a nice short visit. Fun to meet those you follow their blogs and email.


I am a nut for decorating for Autumn and Halloween also Christmas then Snowmen for winter. I thought this was so cute for Halloween. This one reminded me of home.


This yellow, white and touch of red was really pretty. Reminded me of one that sold at a family auction at my great-grandparents home place that my great-aunt had made. I was bidding on it but and I drove the price way up but loss out.

I've started saving selvages and there was a selvage quilt at the show...it was pretty...first time I've see one in person.
This one was really pretty The colors don't look the same in this picture. This I thought was a good idea for a sports team fabric to do for an enthusiast of a certain sport or a team.


This was pretty and again the colors didn't turn out correctly in the picture.

This picture doesn't do this quilt justice.

This was beautiful a color wheel. I've been reading you should make color weeks of your stash to pick colors and fabrics for your quilts. Well, I thought this quilter sure doesn't but I guess she did in in a large quilt. It was amazing to say the least.

This was really pretty I loved the colors though this picture isn't a good one of it. I used the second camera I took when my favorite acted up and it was blurring sections of the pictures. One of Lola and I our faces were like it was a painting some one smeared the paint downward like it was melting and running.
This was a scrappy looking one and beautiful.
This was another pictorial one I feel in love with...

I've been collecting black and white fabrics for a quilt and took a few pictures of them at the show. This one was really pretty.


and this one...
See where the camera was melting the picture again in the bottom corner of the above quilt.
This one was lovely blue and yellow but the colors didn't turn out in the picture of it.

This pictorial quilt was amazing. I really like them but never have had nerve to do on. However, maybe one day as I collect fabric that I think I could possibly use one day when I get up nerve.


Picture doesn't do it justice but it was very pretty.


Yesterday I posted a picture of a full size quilt I said reminded me of Williamsburg. Well, it was of Pennsylvania. The woman did it as a tribute to her family. Well no wonder I loved it so as I am a genealogy buff. It was on the Baltimore Album style. Now today I learned this is the FIRST you read correctly the FIRST quilt this lady has done. Apparently she is one gifted needle artist. One block of the Family Bible. This was of the family tree and the leaves have names of family members.

One block was of a floral arrangement and I tried to get a close up of the flowers which were dimensional. This picture doesn't do it justice either.

This of the clipper ship had ancestral information on the sails.

The backside of the quilt had pictures of ancestors and labels about more information on the family.

I was trying to get a closeup picture of one of the family homes blocks.

Her grandfather had worked for Hershey and this is of the Hershey plant the smoke coming out of the smoke stacks got cut off but it was ribbon. The colors didn't come out correctly in this picture.


The colors in this quilt were beautiful too.

I'm not sure what the deal is with this picture guess (stuff hanging down on the right side of it) Anyway it was beautiful the stars were scrappy.

There was this woman there that had four quilts of various classifications of dogs. This one is the only one that turned out that I took of the four. And none of the close up of the individual dogs turned out.

I've always love this pattern but don't have nerve to attempt to make one...I can't see me doing one where all the diamonds in the start actually lying flat. This one was just gorgeous.

Didn't get all of this today which makes me mad...it reminds me so much of back home.
Friday I posted picture of the kitchen quilt. I got a closeup of some of the cinnamon buns today.

This picture doesn't do the quilt justice. I love traditional quilts, scrappy quilts, and pictorial quilts. I make traditional and scrappy. But this was beautiful. I didn't get it full view or any close up of sections and wish I did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder how many times our paths may have crossed? I took several photos too!

Barb said...

Thanks for showing the pictures of all those quilts, really amazing work if you ask me. Thanks also for visiting my blog.

Teresa said...

Wow..what a nice display of quilts you have given us. I am so in awe of the Baltimore album quilt. I want to make one of those but just can't seem to decide how to start it. I like the family theme and will have to explore that one.

antique quilter said...

oh my LOVE these quilts thanks for sharing with us that were not able to attend.
thanks for visiting my blog!
Kathie

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the cinnamon buns and the gorgeous fan quilt is so striking against the black. I've never attended Mid-Atlantic. Perhaps one day. We have the National Quilting Association show in Columbus, OH. I go every year.