Tuesday, August 13, 2013

 Well it has been a while...nearly a year...bad blogger...I admit...
Sad year...July 2012 had to put my beloved Legend (Black Lab) to sleep to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. Then on my son-in-law's birthday his dog who stayed with us a lot beloved Sampson (Boxer) went out fine, something happened, found him between house and shrubs, got him inside and he died two hours later. Think he had a stroke as he was weak in the legs. Later in January my mother-in-law died...had house full here to eat day before and day of funeral. Well more than house full day of funeral it was at least 75 people...my dear friends and neighbors from Bible Study helped me with keeping food going, clean plates and utensils.  I had plenty of time to cook as funeral home was booked solid for a few days and a grandson and his family coming in from afar. Then the other week beloved cat Roscoe became ill and had to give him the heaven shot to wait for me at Rainbow Bridge.

But I am still sewing.....Did the above mother-daughter skirts for DD and DGDs to take the beach on their vacation with their other grandparents.

And the below tops I did applique round monogram on for the three youngest granddaughters pictured above. Pic shows two of them....the other one was being worn at the time.
Tip on doing them...put ''Badge Master" between the fabric and the shirt...makes it easier to trim the fabric away from first outline stitching.   DD found these tank tops at Dollar Tree a buck a piece.  She had the fabric a pink floral and I had the threads and stabilizer on hand...


1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm so sorry about your year, I know how you feel having lost my sister in April. Loss is always so difficult. I hope the rest of this year goes much better for you, and that we see more of you Elaine.