Monday, February 15, 2010

SOME ITEMS WHICH RECENTLY FOUND NEW HOME WITH ME

I recently acquired some new to me items which I brought home with me...

A couple weekends ago there was an estate sale a block or so from our house. DD and I went over to take a look on the second day when things were discounted 30%, third day 50%. Third day was snowed out and was held this past Saturday but I didn't get over to see what was left. I did find for 30% off of $25. a nice heavy pewter coffee pot...when checking out I learned there was a creamer that went with it...no sugar dish...but that's ok I have another pewter creamers and sugar bowls just no coffee or tea pots...

Then last Tuesday my 92 year old d-m-i-l had some things for me to take home with me...she is busy cleaning out things so there won't be so much for me to have to do "when her time comes"...two sets of placemats I have given her over the years...one set is blue toile and the other blue with yellow floral and I am glad to have those as I am huge fan of toile and loved them when I bought them for her years back.

She also had this wonderful vintage cross-stitched tablecloth

and these pillowslips with this fabulous trim...the pillowslips have seen better days so I plan to remove the trim and put it on a new pair of pillowslips.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Hi Elaine!!!!! I just used the number generator, and #46 won for the OWOH! That would be YOU!
I laughed when I counted down 46 out of all the enteries, and your name was it! Congrats, I'll also e-mail you!
Laurie

AverettLadyNana said...

Thanks Laurie!!! I am SO excited!!!

quiltingnana said...

wonderful treasures